Effective Date: November 6, 2015
Personal Information We Collect
When you register with us and use the Service, we collect the personal information you submit to us. If a third party registers you with the Service or creates an account for you in the Service (for example, when a Sponsor creates an account for an investor), the third party may also provide us with your personal information. This information may include your name, address, email address, social security number, profile picture, bank account information, and other personal information. To the extent you use any portion of the Service for which fees are payable, we may also collect your credit card information or other payment information.
You can alter or update the personal information you submit to us by logging into your account and changing the information. If you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Our Use and Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect to provide and improve the Service, to customize and improve your online experience, and collect any applicable fees related to the Service. We may also send you news, updates and other information you may find useful, unless you specify in your account that you do not want to receive these notices.
Except as described below, we do not share with third parties information by which you can be personally identified unless you give your consent.
- In the event that all or part of our business may be acquired by a third party, we may disclose personally identifiable information in connection with that transaction.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties who provide limited services on our behalf (for example, the processing of payments, or delivery of emails or other information to you).
- Any personally identifiable information which you include in your publicly-available user profile or submit to publicly-accessible portions of the Service will be visible to the public.
- If a third party registers you with the Service or creates an account for you in the Service (for example, when a Sponsor creates an account for an investor), the third party may view your usage and profile data (including how and when your account is used) and access Your Content, including any personally identifiable information included in the foregoing.
- If you use the Service to share any personally identifiable information with a third party (such as another user of the Service), then we may share such information with such third party through the Service as directed. (For example, if you are an investor in a fund that uses the Service, your information may be sent to the related Sponsor in connection with such investment in order for us to provide the Service.)
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we use industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
No one under 13 years of age is authorized to use the Service, and we do not intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 13.
California “Do Not Track” Disclosure
We do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and therefore do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that allow consumers to exercise choice regarding this type of activity.
Third parties that serve or display advertisements on the Service may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Service.
The Service is provided and operated solely from the United States of America. If you submit any personal information to the Service from outside the United States, you hereby consent to the transfer of such information to (and the processing of such information in) the United States, and the exclusive application of the laws of the State of California, United States, with regard to the collection and use of such information.